For your RV, a generator can be a great source of fuel. It’s particularly relevant if you’re going on a long holiday or if you’ll be living in the RV. However, since these power supply systems have so many different features, picking the right generator can be difficult.
Fortunately, we’ve found a few of the top propane generator for RV brands to consider. With one of these units, you can rest assured that your sensitive devices will receive clean and consistent electricity.
They are usually small and quick to use, making them suitable for use in tight spaces. It’s also preferable to trying to find a direct power source for the RV or having to use a gasoline-powered model.
You should be able to select the right generator model for your needs with the help of this guide:
Best Propane Generator for RV
Westinghouse iGen4500 Super Quiet Portable Inverter Generator
Meet the Westinghouse iGen4500 Inverter Generator, which can be used for a number of different power supply applications. To make it easy to fuel your devices, the generator has a 30R RV-ready outlet and two 20A household outlets. Additionally, the built-in USB ports are suitable for charging devices like phones and tablets.
The generator features a one-of-a-kind motor for optimum fuel efficiency and a variable engine speed for easy power customization. On a full charge, the generator can run for up to 18 hours, saving you multiple trips to the gas station. Since such power is available, you can rest assured that your sensitive devices can operate at maximum capacity.
The iGen4500 also has a range of other user-friendly features. It has a convenient built-in push-button electric start, for example, so you’ll never have to worry about cold starts. Furthermore, the wireless remote makes it simple to pick and configure the generator functions to fit your unique needs.
The iGen4500 is suitable for running a variety of devices, including laptops, televisions, handheld devices, and more, since it produces less than 3% THD. It has an LED core with a revolving display that rotates automatically. The monitor informs you of things like low oil so you know when the generator needs to be serviced.
This generator is more versatile than most conventional generators due to its lightweight nature and extendable style handle. Durable anti-skid feet are also included, ensuring traction on a number of surfaces.
• It has two 20A household outlets as well as built-in USB ports.
• It has a THD of less than 3%, making it ideal for charging sensitive devices.
• It has a slim profile and a suitcase-style handle that can be extended.
• The electric start with a push-button is extremely convenient.
• A full charge takes several hours to complete.
Champion Power Equipment 4375/3500-Watt RV Ready Portable Generator
In the power supply sector, Champion is a market leader. And this is exactly what you can expect from the Champion Power 4375. The generator has the perfect balance of convenience and flexibility, making it ideal for your power supply requirements. This unit’s high-end power features will comfortably run a 15,000BTU RV air conditioner.
It’ll also be quick to start up thanks to the dependable coil start, which is perfect for use in cold weather. The generator outputs a variety of data, such as frequency, operating hours, voltage, and more. This device has Push to Reset circuit breakers and a low oil shut-off sensor for added protection.
You can count on enough power for different types of electronics in your RV thanks to the powerful 208cc single-cylinder OHV. The generator will run for up to 12 hours and produces a noise level of 68 dBA at a distance of 23 feet.
The Volt GuardTM surge protector also protects your sensitive devices from disruption. It’s a protection feature that prevents overload and protects the equipment from power surges.
For optimum security and durability, all of the outlets on this unit come with covers. The covers lift up to expose power outlets for charging your computers.
• Has a starting power of 4375 watts and a running power of 3500 watts.
• Only 68dba of sound is made.
• Includes an IntelliGauge device for monitoring frequency, voltage, and operating hours.
• Covers equipment with Volt GuardTM surge protection.
• A more rugged or solid finish would be preferred.
WEN 56200i 2000-Watt Gas Powered Portable Inverter Generator
The WEN 56200i 2000-Watt Gas-Powered Portable Generator delivers clean power without voltage spikes or drops. Another advantage is that it is both strong and quiet when in use. The 56200i will produce 2000 watts of surge power and 1600 watts of continuous power. The 79.7 cc 4-stroke OHV engine, which produces just 51 dBA of noise, backs up such power.
Furthermore, this unit is quieter than a conventional window air conditioner, eliminating intrusion into your personal space. This generator generates a small amount of harmonic distortion despite being engineered to mirror a perfect sine wave. It can be used to power a variety of sensitive devices, such as laptops, displays, and other fragile electronics.
The lightweight design allows for easy portability, and the one-gallon tank can last up to 6 hours. A three-prong receptacle is also included in the fully-featured panel, which can provide convenient fuel.
The Eco-Mode Throttle will also help you get the most out of this unit’s fuel economy. You can use this function to change the generator’s motor to fit the objects you add to the panel.
Do you need additional energy? A Parallel Connection Kit makes it easy to connect two WEN 56200i generators. Furthermore, the low oil and fuel shutdowns with indicator lights will alert you to any malfunctions.
• When operating, it can generate 51 decibels of noise.
• Provides clean power for critical equipment to operate.
• Two three-prong 120V receptacles are included.
• The four-stroke OHV engine with a displacement of 79.7 cc is powerful.
• When wet, the handle is susceptible to slipping.
Durostar DS4850EH Dual Fuel Portable Generator
With the Durostar DS4850EH Dual Fuel Generator, you can make your life simpler. The generator has a starting power of 4,850 watts and a working power of 3,850 watts. As a result, this unit is capable of handling heavy electrical system loads. This device is designed to be dynamic in terms of power supply and can run on propane or gasoline.
This unit is a workhorse with plenty of power thanks to the powerful DuroStar 210cc OHV engine. As a consequence, it’s a flexible device that can perform a range of functions, including power tools and high-voltage appliances. The generator comes with an easy-to-operate control panel that can be used even in low-light situations.
You’ll appreciate the sturdy 120-volt receptacles, which are suitable for “on-the-go” power supply. The DS4850EH allows you to run it on both 120V and 240V at the same time. The main advantage of this feature is that it allows you to operate devices with differing power capacities.
It will be simple to charge your sensitive devices thanks to the availability of versatile power outlets. With the DS4850EH Portable Generator, you should expect nothing but the best. A GFCI outlet and a twist-lock outlet are examples of these. The panel also has a voltmeter and 12V DC charging ports for your batteries, which is a plus.
• Has a starting power of 4,850 watts and a running power of 3,850 watts.
• It has a powerful 210cc OHV engine that provides plenty of fuel.
• Provided with multiple power outlets for ease of use.
• Will provide clean power at 120V and 240V at the same time.
• Better metric metrics will be helpful.
Factors to Consider When Using a Propane Generator for RV
Propane is a valuable energy source in several respects, but it is important to exercise caution while using it. Here are a few realistic suggestions for you to think about:
- Before using your chosen generator, read the instruction manual and instructions. It will assist in the prevention of problems such as inadequate power management and others.
- Never use the generator in an enclosed space because the gas might build up and trigger a fire.
- If you have children, consider installing a propane gas sensor in your home. For ease of use, many modern brands have audible warnings and LED displays.
- Keep every propane-powered power supply device out of the reach of children and pets. They are more likely to tamper with such resources carelessly, which can have devastating consequences.
- After each use, double-check your propane generator. It will assist you in reducing maintenance costs and avoiding any potential hazards.
If you have an RV, this is a far easier way to charge your machines than parking at motels or restaurants. The best propane generator for RVs is what we suggest. What is the reason for this?
It’s because these power supply devices are compact, comfortable, and simple to use. They also have safety features like surge protectors, which protect your devices from electrical damage. Some brands are Dual Fuel generators, so you have a lot of choices when it comes to power sources. For convenient and reliable electricity, invest in a good generator.